Oversight Committee Seeks for More Blackwater DocumentsBy Anupama Narayanswamy Oct 19 2007 9:09 p.m.
Rep. Henry Waxman's oversight committee sent out letters today to the Department of Defense, the Department of State and to Blackwater CEO Erik Prince asking for various sets of documents regarding contracts going back to 2003.
Among other issues, the seven-page letter to Erik Prince raises questions about all the no-bid contracts Blackwater has been given and asks the company to hand in documents detailing the hourly billing information that Blackwater charges the State department.
In the letter to DoD the Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government reform touched upon an earlier letter from Mar. 31, 2007 in which he had asked for all incident reports, investigative reports and all other documents relating to complaints or allegations of misconduct." It's not clear from the letter though whether the March letter was in reference to all
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: Reflecting on Sunlight
- Sunlight Foundation: Agenda for House's Legislative Data & Transparency Conference
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/20/2013
- Sunlight Foundation: Why does the IRS regulate political groups? A look at the complex world of campaign finance