Bonner earmark #8By Bill Allison Feb 26 2008 4:45 a.m. 2 comments
Rep. Jo Bonner joined Sen. Richard Shelby in securing $470,000 in the Commerce, Justice & Science appropriations bill for the Mobile County Commission to acquire interoperable communications systems.
The Mobile County Commission had Washington representation -- the lobbying firm Van Scoyoc Associates. They lobbied on the "Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, FY 2008," according to page 3 of this disclosure report.
Van Scoyoc employees have contributed $16,250 to Rep. Bonner's campaigns between April 2002 and November 2007, according to Open Secrets. Van Scoyoc also has a PAC, which contributed an additional $1,472 in 2006 and $994 in 2004. For those scoring at home, that's $18,736 in contributions over the course of Bonner's congressional career.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: CRP Hosts Dark Money Panel
- OpenSecrets: Democrat Outspends Rival In Run-Up to Mass. Special Election
- Sunlight Foundation: How to Read The US National Action Plan
- Sunlight Foundation: The Week in Politwoops: An Early Christmas in Alabama, Thanksgiving Crab and a Clumsy Ninja