Aderholt's bio: record levels, responsibilityBy Bill Allison Feb 23 2008 3:13 a.m.
I'm still looking mostly at the earmarks that Rep. Jo Bonner, R-Ala., has sponsored, but while I was looking at them, I came across the official biography that Rep. Robert B. Aderholt, another Alabama Republican, has on his Web site. The language is instructive:
Congressman Aderholt serves on the powerful House Appropriations Committee, as a member of the Homeland Security Subcommittee, the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development Subcommittee and the Commerce Justice, Science and Related Agencies Subcommittee....
Congressman Aderholt has continued to work toward bringing record levels of funding to Alabama for transportation projects. Congressman Aderholt campaigned on a promise to continue his commitment to improve transportation in Alabama. This commitment involves making roads safer, improving economic development, and creating more jobs for the Fourth Congressional District and all of Alabama. ...
Congressman Aderholt believes that the federal government has a role in assisting state and local projects as well as economic development efforts. At the same time he believes in responsible budgeting and feels that with an appropriate balance, Congress can work to make sure the government operates within its means.
Responsible budgeting and record levels of funding for Alabama transportation projects.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns runs ad backing Nevada background checks
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Wall Street Shaped Bill Easing Oversight, and Kept Contributions Coming
- Sunlight Foundation: House's Legislative Data and Transparency Conference a Success
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Data.gov relaunches on open source platform CKAN
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/24/2013