Bonner Earmark #7By Bill Allison Feb 25 2008 11:18 p.m.
In the Labor, Department of Health and Human Services and Education appropriations bill, Rep. Jo Bonner secured a $199,000 earmark for the Fairhope Center for the Arts in Bay Minette, Ala., for arts education programs, including purchase of equipment. The Fairhope Center for the Arts doesn't seem to have hired a federal lobbyist. The organization forms 990 aren't available on Guidestar.org, so I wasn't able to double check the numbers.
I also looked up the city of Bay Minette--they had a lobbyist in 2004 but none more recently.
Sen. Richard Shelby co-sponsored the earmark.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: Reflecting on Sunlight
- Sunlight Foundation: Agenda for House's Legislative Data & Transparency Conference
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/20/2013
- Sunlight Foundation: Why does the IRS regulate political groups? A look at the complex world of campaign finance