Bonner earmark #8By Bill Allison Feb 26 2008 4:45 a.m. 2 comments
Rep. Jo Bonner joined Sen. Richard Shelby in securing $470,000 in the Commerce, Justice & Science appropriations bill for the Mobile County Commission to acquire interoperable communications systems.
The Mobile County Commission had Washington representation -- the lobbying firm Van Scoyoc Associates. They lobbied on the "Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, FY 2008," according to page 3 of this disclosure report.
Van Scoyoc employees have contributed $16,250 to Rep. Bonner's campaigns between April 2002 and November 2007, according to Open Secrets. Van Scoyoc also has a PAC, which contributed an additional $1,472 in 2006 and $994 in 2004. For those scoring at home, that's $18,736 in contributions over the course of Bonner's congressional career.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
- Reporter's notebook: How we came up with that campaign finance maze
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Just Who Was Rand Paul's Apology For?
- OpenSecrets: Shape-Shifting by Liberal Dark Money Groups Seems Meant to Confuse
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Network, collaborate, and innovate at CityCamp NC
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/22/2013