TCS posts Senate Defense Authorization earmarksBy Bill Allison Sep 17 2008 8:07 p.m.
Our friends at Taxpayers inform us that they've just posted...
The complete database of earmarks in the 2009 defense authorization report and bill. The Senate version of the bill currently under debate contains 435 earmarks worth $5.2 billion, a big jump in number from last year's Senate authorization but a decrease in total value.
They posted an analysis and highlights from the bill here.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Crossroads GPS pushes Congress to pass immigration overhaul in web video
- Americans for Prosperity takes aim at farm bill
- California billionaire pumps $1 million more into Mass. senate race
- Stealthy super PAC avoids disclosing donors before Mass. special election
- Pesticide industry would benefit from farm bill provisions
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: What does California have against transparency in local government?
- OpenSecrets: Election 2012: The Big Picture Shows Record Cost of Winning a Seat in Congress
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 6/19/2013
- Sunlight Foundation: New G8 Open Data Charter