Working the phones for Where Are They Now?By Anupama Narayanswamy Jan 29 2008 9:42 p.m.
Since we've not had too many volunteers making phone calls to verify if the information collected as part of our distributed research project is accurate, I'm making calls this afternoon.
Here's reviewing a few:
Ric Molen went from working as a Legislative Director in Sen. Conrad Burns' (R-Mt.), office to work as a
lobbyist with Lent, Scrivner & Roth in 2005 and his clients include
major defense contractors such as Qualcomm and CH2M Hill. Since the time, Molen has made campaign contributions of a total of over $9,000, according to campaign finance records from the Center for Responsible Politics.
Tim Berry, Rep. Tom DeLay's, (R-Tx.) Chief of Staff was employed by Time Warner and lobbies the White House, Congress and the FCC, according to records from the Senate Office of Public Records. The Justice Department scrutinized
Wayne Palmer who was Sen. Rick Santorum's (R-Pa.) Chief of Staff filed as a lobbyist for Astrazeneca Pharmaceuticals in August 2007, and lobbies on Medicare related issues.
A few others verified so far include:
Jim Hippe who was a Legislative Director for Sen. Bill Frist (R-Tn.) and is a lobbyist for the National Community Pharmacists Association in 2007; Jon Haubert went from being a Scheduler to Rep. Richard Pombo (R-Ca.) and is a lobbyist now for CJ Strategies.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns runs ad backing Nevada background checks
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Wall Street Shaped Bill Easing Oversight, and Kept Contributions Coming
- Sunlight Foundation: House's Legislative Data and Transparency Conference a Success
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Data.gov relaunches on open source platform CKAN
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/24/2013