5,000 earmark requests databasedBy Bill Allison Jul 27 2009 2:39 p.m.
We've collected more than 5,000 earmarks, input by people across the country who want to get a handle on how members of Congress and senators direct spending to special projects in their districts and states. (You can see how the annual spending process is going in our FY 2010 Spending Tracker, by the way.)
But there's plenty more to do, and the chance to win a Kindle for helping out.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Americans for Prosperity takes aim at farm bill
- California billionaire pumps $1 million more into Mass. senate race
- Stealthy super PAC avoids disclosing donors before Mass. special election
- Pesticide industry would benefit from farm bill provisions
- Will Bloomberg's wrath hurt senators who opposed gun bill?
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Politicking Around Town: CRP's Guide to the Top Eateries and Hotels for Dems and the GOP
- Sunlight Foundation: The SEC and Dark Political Money
- OpenSecrets: The Politics of Fire
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 6/17/2013