Always amazes me...By Bill Allison May 05 2009 5:18 p.m.
what you can find in lobbying disclosure data. I was looking for something else when I came across this filing. TIG Insurance has hired the Normandy Group to "[a]ddress non-payment by Government of Argentina of fees owed to TIG Insurance Company. Seek to put restrictive language in Foreign Operations Appropriations Bills re: US assistance to Argentina." The fees paid are less than $5,000, so it doesn't seem like a lot of lobbying went on, but the list of lobbyists has a few revolvers on it:
I guess that's one way to get a bill paid...
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Americans for Prosperity takes aim at farm bill
- California billionaire pumps $1 million more into Mass. senate race
- Stealthy super PAC avoids disclosing donors before Mass. special election
- Pesticide industry would benefit from farm bill provisions
- Will Bloomberg's wrath hurt senators who opposed gun bill?
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Politicking Around Town: CRP's Guide to the Top Eateries and Hotels for Dems and the GOP
- Sunlight Foundation: The SEC and Dark Political Money
- OpenSecrets: The Politics of Fire
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 6/17/2013