Dodd did itBy Bill Allison Mar 19 2009 3:11 a.m. 1 comment
Sen. Christopher Dodd tells CNN that he was responsible for the bailouts for bonuses provision in the stimulus bill that allowed AIG executives to bring home $165 million...after telling CNN the day before that, "When I wrote the language there was no such language like that."
Whether or not the Obama administration lobbied for the provision, it's Congress's responsibility to write laws.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: Why does the IRS regulate political groups? A look at the complex world of campaign finance
- Sunlight Foundation: Update on FedBizOpps data
- OpenSecrets: Site Spotlight #3: Anomaly Tracker
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Day of Action on Sunday: Know the influence behind your grocery purchase