New Data from Recovery.govBy Bill Allison Jul 16 2009 9:09 p.m.
The office of Vice President Joe Biden sent out a statement with links to new Recovery maps:
The new map detailing how states are putting Recovery Act funds to work can be viewed here. The state map shows the amount of money that the Recovery Act has provided for each state (announced), the amount each state is putting to work (obligated) and the amount actually paid out (outlays). Visitors can click on a given state to view the spending in more detail.
The new series of maps detailing how Recovery Act funds are moving out to contractors, grantees and loan recipients can be viewed here. The maps allow for sorting by state, amount and federal agency.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Reporter's notebook: How we came up with that campaign finance maze
- 2016 preview? Three videos by GOP groups all target Hillary Clinton
- How ex-Det. Guy Bowers became the biggest campaign donor of all
- Tangled web: The IRS role in campaign finance
- What's wrong with this picture? Greenhouse gas at all-time high
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: Why does the IRS regulate political groups? A look at the complex world of campaign finance
- Sunlight Foundation: Update on FedBizOpps data
- OpenSecrets: Site Spotlight #3: Anomaly Tracker
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Day of Action on Sunday: Know the influence behind your grocery purchase