NRCC promos fundraiser for DemBy Nancy Watzman Jun 10 2009 4:55 p.m. 2 comments
Over at Party Time we're reporting how the National Republican Campaign Committee (NRCC) accidentally sent out a list of fundraising events that included a June 11 breakfast for Rep. Gary Peters (D-MI) and featuring "special guest" Rep. John Dingell (D-MI).
Whoops! That may have been taking bipartisanship a bit far, especially since the NRCC is targeting Peters right now for going overboard with government spending.
Minutes after sending that list out, the NRCC sent out a new list: "Please disregard previous Calendar of Events. See attached." Mention of the Peters fundraiser had disappeared.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns runs ad backing Nevada background checks
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Fastest Growing Cities Lean Right
- Sunlight Foundation: Oversight Committee Endorses Public Access to Agency Reports to Congress
- Sunlight Foundation: Calls for Reform of IRS Rules Face Resistance from Dark Money Advocates
- Sunlight Foundation: Committee on House Administration Supports Public's Right to Gov't Docs