Congressional office spending by districtBy Joshua Hatch Mar 22 2011 7:11 p.m.
Earlier we reported on Congressional office spending. It's one thing to see a list of the top spenders, but it's something else to see that spending mapped according to congressional districts. So that's just what we've done here. Below is a map of 434 congressional districts (we have no data for New Mexico's 3rd district), color coded according to spending. Take a look for yourself (the darker the color, the more the member spent):
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- IRS takes aim at $300 million campaign influence industry
- Happy Thankgiving! How does campaign cash affect the food on your plate?
- Christie brings his clout, fundraising chops to new role as RGA head
- Stockman campaign goes for campaign finance hat trick
- Bakers group happy to win exemption from food safety law
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: Montgomery County’s Open Data Town Hall, the Town Hall of the Future
- Sunlight Foundation: Scout Delivering Court Opinions Through the Awe-Inspiring Power of CourtListener
- OpenSecrets: Liberal Nonprofit's Funds Surged in 2012
- Sunlight Foundation: New Knight Foundation Report Reveals How Civic Tech is Funded