Serial PAC Filer Floods FECBy Lindsay Young Nov 10 2011 11:39 a.m. 1 comment
From the man who brought Florida the Billionaire Josue Larose's Dating Women Committee, Josue Larose has filed the forms with the FEC to create 20 new super PACs. Clearly, there are few hurdles to creating a super PAC or multiple super PACs, that can then accept unlimited contributions.
The PACs of Larose have broad-ranging themes: one is named the Hillary Clinton For A Better America Super PAC, while another is called George W Bush For A Better America Super PAC. George W. Bush cannot constitutionally seek another term in office, so it is unclear what the political motive of that PAC may be.
In Florida, Larose ran as a write-in candidate for governor, where he garnered press attention for the 340 PACs and 40 political parties he created. He also ran for the U.S. Senate from Florida, winning 7 votes, according to the Sun Sentinel.
*Correction: The previous post stated 21 PACs. The correct number is 20.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns runs ad backing Nevada background checks
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Wall Street Shaped Bill Easing Oversight, and Kept Contributions Coming
- Sunlight Foundation: House's Legislative Data and Transparency Conference a Success
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Data.gov relaunches on open source platform CKAN
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/24/2013