Sharron Angle launches Super PACBy Bill Allison Jun 12 2011 11:38 a.m.
Former senatorial candidate and tea party favorite Sharron Angle, who lost her bid to unseat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., in 2010, has launched her own independent expenditure-only committee, Our Voice PAC.
On its home page, Our Voice PAC says it was formed in response to the launching of a Super PAC to support Senate Democrats. "Reid has taken steps to create a super-PAC (Majority PAC) modeled off of his successful smear-based political operation in Nevada," the site explains, "to make sure he stays in power. That is why Sharron Angle is launching Our Voice PAC."
The group's treasurer, Will Rasavage, was Angle's press secretary.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- IRS takes aim at $300 million campaign influence industry
- Happy Thankgiving! How does campaign cash affect the food on your plate?
- Christie brings his clout, fundraising chops to new role as RGA head
- Stockman campaign goes for campaign finance hat trick
- Bakers group happy to win exemption from food safety law
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: Montgomery County’s Open Data Town Hall, the Town Hall of the Future
- Sunlight Foundation: Scout Delivering Court Opinions Through the Awe-Inspiring Power of CourtListener
- OpenSecrets: Liberal Nonprofit's Funds Surged in 2012
- Sunlight Foundation: New Knight Foundation Report Reveals How Civic Tech is Funded