Sharron Angle launches Super PACBy Bill Allison Jun 12 2011 11:38 a.m.
Former senatorial candidate and tea party favorite Sharron Angle, who lost her bid to unseat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., in 2010, has launched her own independent expenditure-only committee, Our Voice PAC.
On its home page, Our Voice PAC says it was formed in response to the launching of a Super PAC to support Senate Democrats. "Reid has taken steps to create a super-PAC (Majority PAC) modeled off of his successful smear-based political operation in Nevada," the site explains, "to make sure he stays in power. That is why Sharron Angle is launching Our Voice PAC."
The group's treasurer, Will Rasavage, was Angle's press secretary.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Americans for Prosperity takes aim at farm bill
- California billionaire pumps $1 million more into Mass. senate race
- Stealthy super PAC avoids disclosing donors before Mass. special election
- Pesticide industry would benefit from farm bill provisions
- Will Bloomberg's wrath hurt senators who opposed gun bill?
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- Sunlight Foundation: New G8 Open Data Charter
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 6/18/2013
- Sunlight Foundation: Possible impacts of the Czech political turmoil
- Sunlight Foundation: Announcing a new grant to Sunlight from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation