- Lobbyist Registration Tracker: The Lobbying Disclosure Act requires lobbyists and lobbying firms to register with the House and the Senate within 45 days of being hired by a client. The registrations list the issue areas that will be covered by the lobbying. This database allows users to see those registrations as they're submitted, to browse by issue, registrant and client, and to see the trends in issues and registrations over time. The database is updated weekly based on Senate records and includes all registrations starting in 2009.
- Post Employment Tracker: The Post Employment Tracker shows when covered congressional officials—former members and high-ranking staffers—can legally begin to lobby their old colleagues, though note that not everyone listed has become a lobbyist.
- Follow the Unlimited Money: Track the latest activities of outside groups influencing federal elections. Many of these organizations can accept unlimited donations from any source — including labor unions, corporations and individuals.
- House of Representatives Disbursements: How US Representatives spend taxpayer money on staff, office supplies, travel and other expenses incurred in the course of doing business.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
- Reporter's notebook: How we came up with that campaign finance maze
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Just Who Was Rand Paul's Apology For?
- OpenSecrets: Shape-Shifting by Liberal Dark Money Groups Seems Meant to Confuse
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Network, collaborate, and innovate at CityCamp NC
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/22/2013