Sunlight Live covers deficit reductionBy Joshua Hatch Apr 13 2011 11 a.m.
This morning the Sunlight Foundation will use its award-winning live platform, Sunlight Live (sunlightlive.com) to cover the Senate Finance Committee's hearing on deficit reduction. We'll follow that hearing with live coverage of President Obama's speech on that same topic.
This morning's hearing features three witnesses:
Dr. J.D. Foster, Norman B. Ture Senior Fellow, Economics of Fiscal Policy, The Heritage Foundation, Washington, DC
The Honorable David Walker, Former U.S. Comptroller General, Founder & CEO, Comeback America Initiative, Bridgeport, CT
Dr. Alan S. Blinder, Gordon S. Rentschler Memorial Professor of Economics and Public Affairs, Co-Director; and Vice Chairman, Center for Economics Policy Studies Princeton University; Promontory Interfinancial Network, Princeton, NJ
Tune in now for live coverage.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns runs ad backing Nevada background checks
- Thanks to lobbying, farm bill yields crop insurance funds
- Surge of immigration lobbyists fueled by push for high-skilled foreign workers
- Health group airs ad backing Obama EPA nominee
- Apple lobbies on taxes more than any other subject
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Wall Street Shaped Bill Easing Oversight, and Kept Contributions Coming
- Sunlight Foundation: House's Legislative Data and Transparency Conference a Success
- Sunlight Foundation: OpenGov Voices: Data.gov relaunches on open source platform CKAN
- Sunlight Foundation: 2Day in #OpenGov 5/24/2013