As Congress weighs gun control, many states try Congress controlBy Keenan Steiner Mar 28 2013 5:35 p.m.
Updated on April 5 at 1:42 p.m. ET (see below)
While attention is focused on the U.S. Senate, which could begin voting as early as next month on gun control legislation, some state lawmakers are trying to move in the opposite direction.
Bills to nullify any gun control measures that Congress enacts have been introduced in at least 37 states since the beginning of the year, according to an analysis using Scout, Sunlight's legislative alert system. To browse the list and click through to the text of the bills, click here.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: CRP Hosts Dark Money Panel
- OpenSecrets: Democrat Outspends Rival In Run-Up to Mass. Special Election
- Sunlight Foundation: How to Read The US National Action Plan
- Sunlight Foundation: The Week in Politwoops: An Early Christmas in Alabama, Thanksgiving Crab and a Clumsy Ninja